Although prior to 1211 the Confraternity of Sant Martí must have carried out tasks related to health and social care, this was the year in which Santa Caterina Hospital began its activity under the governance of a board. This situation remained in place until 1849, when the new Charity Law and a subsequent decree in 1855 placed it under the direct control of Girona Provincial Council and the Provincial Health Board. It had previously incorporated the Priests’ Hospital (16th century) and the Hospital of Sant Llàtzer, in the Pedret district (1817).
Ulitilitza l'eina de recerca per trobar el document que busquesCondicions de reproducció Sol·licitud de consulta de documents Sol·licitud de reproducció de documents
We are working on the contents of this section; it will be ready soon. We apologise for any inconvenience.