When the provinces were created in 1833, the Provincial Council and the Civil Government were brought together under a single president. Both entities were located in the old Convent of the Calced Carmelites in Pujada de Sant Martí 5, and their management and administrative functioning were carried out together, keeping the records of both institutions in one Provincial Archive. With the Law of 1877, this archive was placed under the responsibility of the secretary of the Provincial Council until 1958, when the entire Civil Government moved its headquarters to Gran Via in Girona.
Ulitilitza l'eina de recerca per trobar el document que busquesCondicions de reproducció Sol·licitud de consulta de documents Sol·licitud de reproducció de documents
We are working on the contents of this section; it will be ready soon. We apologise for any inconvenience.